At Bristol Language Centre (BLC), all staff is passionate about helping you reach your goals in English. All people at the school will make sure you enjoy an exciting stay in England, in a caring environment, where you will be safe and happy.
As a dynamic, independent school, BLC offers you a wide range of high quality English language courses delivered by experienced teachers using innovative and unique teaching methods. The school prides itself in taking care of individual student's needs and welfare, and match solid academic teaching to your goals and aspirations.
As well as learning practical, real life English, you will be able to practise your English while enjoying our lively social programme and life in a vibrant city. Our comfortable accommodation options provide something to suit everyone.
Bristol Language Centre is a British Council-accredited school which is a member of English UK and Quality English, a UK Border Agency (UKBA) Highly Trusted Sponsor and inspected by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI).
- Established in 2004
- Independent and accredited
- Individual student support
- Wide choice of courses
- Personal study plan
- Hundreds of students per year from as many as 50 countries worldwide
- Flexible course dates, year round
- Daytime and evening classes
- SMS and online learning support
- Homestay and residential accommodation options
BLC in Bristol provides you with a unique all-round English language experience
- Be successful - thanks to our good class sizes, well-qualified and experienced tutors, and clever use of technology
- Be supported - your health and happiness matter to us – you will have a named welfare officer and find a friendly, welcoming environment
- Be sociable - BLC’s active social programme will boost your confidence in English as you make friends with students from almost 50 countries around the globe
- Be nurtured - you will have a dedicated tutor to help you reach your specific goals and fulfil your dreams
- Be connected - benefit from BLC’s up to date facilities, including our wide range of online and mobile interactive learning options
- Be the best - benefit from BLC’s great reputation, innovation and quality, which have resulted in accreditation by the British Council, amongst other endorsements
As well as a wide range of quality courses and exciting ways of learning, BLC offers you the chance to enjoy life in the UK, well supported in a caring environment.
ENJOY BLC's EXCELLENT TEACHING
All BLC teachers hold a minimum of a CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL qualification.
Many have studied Teaching English as a Foreign Language to a higher Diploma or Masters level, holding additional DELTA, Trinity DipTESOL and MA qualifications.
- General English
- Intensive English
- Exam Courses (FCE, CAE, IELTS,)
- Business English
- Individual one-to-one lessons
- Evening courses
- English for Life and Work
- Foreign Language Evening Classes
- Internship programme
- Demi Au Pair programme
BLC provides great facilities to enhance your experience of learning English.
You'll benefit from 10 modern and bright classrooms with interactive whiteboards and projector screens.
There are several break-out areas where students can purchase drinks and snacks, as well as the BLC shop for practical items such as adaptors and mobile phone credit.
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the school
- Student reception
- Interactive whiteboards
- Tablet self-study access
- Online learning environment (BLC Anytime)
- 10 bright modern classrooms
- Mobile learning (BLConTEXT)
- BLC shop
Staying with a family gives you a home-from-home in Bristol.
- Half board - feel right at home with Homestay
- Self-catering - all the benefits of Homestay half board, with extra independence
A range of options so you can live more independently.
- Elephant House - a BLC community where you can improve your English with students of many nationalities
- BLC City Centre Studio Apartments - independent living in the City Centre
Bristol has attracted great minds who have left their mark on this, the cultural and artistic centre of south west England
- History and culture - home to Brunel’s world famous Clifton Suspension Bridge and the SS Great Britain, Bristol is also famous for Banksy’s striking urban art, and the Old Vic, the UK’s longest-running theatre
- Music and nightlife - Bristol’s vibrant music scene means there are plenty of live events to enjoy, from classical music to the latest bands, as well as a great choice of bars and clubs
- Festivals - hot air balloons drift over this ‘capital city’ of the ballooning world, venue of the annual International Balloon Fiesta and the renowned Harbour Festival
- Educational opportunities - the city’s two world class universities attract a diverse international student population
- Sports - either as a participant or a spectator, you will find almost every sport in Bristol. International fixtures at Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium are less than an hour away
- Out of town - many places, including London (1½ hours) or Bath (10 mins), are within easy reach by train
- The largest city in the west of England, with over 400,000 residents
- A lively student population with almost 40,000 in full-time studies
- England’s first ‘cycling city’ with good links to the national cycle network
- Three times a Purple Flag Award winner for the safety and cleanliness of its city centre
10 FAVOURITE PLACES AROUND BRISTOL
- Bristol Zoo Gardens
- Clifton Suspension Bridge
- Wookey Hole Caves
- University Botanic Garden
- Cheddar Gorge
- Brunel's SS Great Britain
- Watershed Media Centre
- Bristol Hippodrome
- Bristol Old Vic
- St Nicholas Market