Preston Academy of English provides English language courses for speakers of other languages. We offer a large number of courses to suit a wide variety of requirements, welcoming students from all over the world to this multicultural city. This includes a range of levels in general English and specialised courses with individual attention given to each student, catering for all needs.
Our qualified and experienced teachers and staff offer a high level of pastoral care and help students to prepare for UK universities.
As well as providing English language courses, Preston Academy provides a quality internship service, British citizenship preparation courses and testing service for our students as well as external students.
Preston Academy of English will provide you with:
- High standards of learning and teaching. Our courses will always remain relevant and responsive to student needs, and our teachers will be carefully selected for their ability and expertise. Comprehensive and relevant course information and course books will be provided.
- Flexible and relevant courses. We incorporate the views of students, teaching staff, employers and academic managers when structuring our courses and curriculum. We review our courses regularly and can deliver courses in different ways to meet the needs of all our students.
- Accurate and up-to-date information about learning, teaching and assessment of chosen programmes of study.
- A welcoming, supportive and inclusive environment. Regardless of who students are and where they are from, all students are welcome at Preston Academy of English. We provide a safe environment where every student can expect to be treated equally, with fairness and respect.
- Independent advice, information and support on academic and welfare issues. We have a dedicated Academic Manager and Welfare Manager ready to support students with any aspect of studying with us, or living in the United Kingdom. This service is free, independent and confidential.
- Effective customer service. Our staff will respond to queries, suggestions or complaints quickly, effectively and fairly. We will make it as easy as possible to interact with us.
- Access to effective feedback mechanisms, so students can get practically involved in the management and development of their study programme. We accept and respond to feedback to help us improve our service.
- Including British Values within all components of the academy. At Preston Academy of English, students learn all about the British Values, such as democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith. Students see these British values demonstrated in all teachers and members of staff, and all students should encompass these core values that are so important to British society.
- General English courses (Standard, Ladies Only, 1-to-1, Speaking Only);
- Evening Courses (General English, Speaking Only);
- Business English (Standard, Intensive, Super Intensive);
- Academic English (Reading and Writing, Listening and Presentation, English for Academic Purposes)
- Exam Preparation courses (Cambridge, IELTS, Trinity);
- Life In the UK Test Preparation courses
Preston Academy of English has nine classrooms complete with whiteboards and a computer with audio and visual facilities.
CALL (Computer Aided Language Learning) Lab
Preston Academy of English has a Computer-Aided Language Learning Lab (CALL). The lab is used for classes and testing for initial assessments as well as progress tests. Facilities include the following:
- 15 networked computers with high-speed Internet access;
- A wide range of ESL software covering all skill areas;
- Headsets with microphones
Benefits of the lab include:
- Improve your reading comprehension with CD ROMs;
- Expand your vocabulary with websites and course CD ROMs;
- Discover additional grammar points using a grammar program for your level;
- Enhance your writing by using free, online writing guides;
- Practice listening and pronunciation;
- Learn more about idioms using Idioms in English;
- Record and play back your voice;
- Try online ESL exercises, quizzes, dictionaries and encyclopaedias;
- Explore ESL websites (under guidance from your teacher)
Includes sofas, chairs, hot and cold drinks machine, Xbox and snacks machine. The student lounge opens out to the street where students have a wide variety of eateries.
PRESTON ACADEMY OF ENGLISH TEST CENTRE
Located in the centre of the city, our test centre is very accessible by both local and national transport. We are less than two minutes walk from the Preston Bus Station and two minutes from Preston Town Hall.
- From the railway station simply walk to the main road (Fishergate) outside the station and head towards the city centre until Lancaster Road. At Lancaster Road, turn left and follow the road. Keep on the right hand side and continue following the road around the bend. Preston Academy of English is on the right (38 Ormskirk Road).
- By foot, starting from the city centre simply follow the signs to the Bus Station. When you can see the bus station, look for the number 40 stand. Preston Academy Test centre is opposite. Keep the bus station to your right. Preston Academy of English Test Centre is around the corner (38 Ormskirk Road).
- By car from M6 Junction 31, follow the A59. Continue straight at the roundabout on to New Hall Lane. At the third set of traffic lights, turn right onto Ringway and turn left at the Holiday Inn Hotel. Car parking is available just a little bit further at Preston Bus Station.
- Car parking is available at Preston bus station and the market car park. Please keep change with you to pay for your ticket. Please note; both of these car parks are pay and display.
- Preston Academy of English is accredited by the British Council for teaching English.
- Preston Academy of English is a recognised preparation course centre for Trinity Secure English Language Tests.
- Preston Academy of English is a registered Trinity College London Exam Centre.
- Preston Academy of English is an EnglishUK member.