The Spanish School in San Jose is located in a quiet and safe residential area between San Pedro and Zapote district, and it´s only within 10 minutes by bus from downtown. As regards the classrooms, they are cozy, clean and neat. The school has a computer room with Internet access, a telephone for international phone calls and a fax machine. Our staff is really friendly and is ready to teach spanish, show you the habits and way of life of San Jose and make your experience unforgettable!
- 15 spacious classrooms;
- Audio and video room;
- Teacher's room;
- Student's meeting room;
- Equipped kitchen;
- First day welcome lunch and city walk;
- Weekly tours and recreational activities calendar;
- Internet access - Wi-Fi (low cost);
- Free access to kitchenette;
- Free coffee, tea, milk, and refrigerated water;
- 24/7 Emergency phone;
- Local tutorship
- Classic Spanish courses
- Super intensive
San Jose is the capital of Costa Rica, with a population of about 340,000 people, making it the biggest city in the country. The city is located on a mountain plateau and surrounded by a beautiful landscape, offering a very relaxed and scenic atmosphere.
San Jose is not only the capital, but also the absolute centre of entertainment in the country. Besides it is the central location of the government, university, and some of the most famous theatres in the country. Between the parks, various artists and musicians in the streets, and trendy restaurants and bars, you will never be bored.
The Plaza de Cultura provides two of the most interesting buildings of the city: the National Theater (today one landmark of the national pride) and the Gold Museum (a collection of 1600 pieces of Pre-Columbian gold work). Worth visiting are also the Jade Museum, the Insect Museum or a coffee and a butterfly farm.
- It's the capital of Costa Rica and where most international flights arrive;
- The city features springlike weather all year long;
- There are lots of fun activities to do like active volcanoes, day tours to coffee plantations, canopy tours, whitewater rafting adventures and much more;
- It has all the amenities and conveniences of a large city
You can use the public bus system or rent a car or motorcycle, however downtown San José is filled with cars specially at noon being the transportation hub of the country. It will be better to walk most of the time, besides you'll get to know the city a little bit more.