Homelingua specialises in intensive, one-to-one home tuition courses. Home tuition is a unique opportunity to live and learn in the home of a professional teacher, benefiting from one-to-one tailored English lessons in a comfortable and relaxed environment. If you want to make the fastest possible progress towards mastering the English language, Homelingua is for you!
Homelingua is committed to delivering home tuition programmes of the highest possible quality. The schools only work with the best tutors who are able to provide a friendly and comfortable environment in which to learn. All schools follow a very rigorous selection procedure and only 10% of all the teachers who apply for work with us are then selected to become Homelingua tutors. A great care is taken in getting to know the students and teachers in order to match you with a tutor who shares your interests.
With Bucksmore’s long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality academic programmes, the schools will ensure your course meets all of your needs, sending you back to your home country with an improved level of English and fond memories of your time in your tutor’s family home.
Bucksmore Homelingua is accredited by the British Council for the quality of its courses and operations, and also is member of the EnglishUK association of language providers.
KEY BUCKSMORE HOMELINGUA STATISTICS
- 24 years’ experience of teaching international students
- 205 study locations in the UK and Ireland
- 12 premium immersion courses to choose from
- 4361 days of study in 2018
- 15,575 hours of tuition in 2018
- 7 years old, the youngest student in 2018
- 83 years old, the oldest student in 2018
- 65 different nationalities who have attended Homelingua courses
The students may choose from different professional teacher families across the United Kingdom and Ireland including:
- Brighton and the South Coast,
Bucksmore Homelingua is managed by a small team of professional academic and operational staff. We make a great effort to really get to know our teachers, which helps us to recommend the perfect teacher for our students. We take great pride in what we do and many of our students come back and study with Bucksmore Homelingua year after year.
REASONS TO CHOOSE BUCKSMORE HOMELINGUA
- Faster progress – On a Homelingua 1-1 home tuition course your teacher focuses just on you, so you will make much more progress than on a group course in a language school.
- A premium course designed just for you – Different to group courses where the teacher follows a fixed curriculum, our Homelingua courses are personally designed to meet your academic needs and study goals. Each Homelingua course is unique to the student and you can tell your teacher what you would like to study.
- Flexible schedule – Choose a schedule that fits around your life. There are courses starting every week of the year with a range of different tuition hours from 15 to 30 hours per week and a 10 hour intensive weekend course. If you have special request or need a customised course package, please contact us.
- Immersion environment – As you are living in the home of your teacher, you also have the advantage of being totally immersed in the language outside of lesson times which means you can use the English that you have practised during the lesson. This will help build your confidence and greatly improve your speaking skills.
- Comfortable accommodation – You will be staying in quality accommodation with your own private bedroom. All our teachers’ houses are inspected regularly to ensure the highest standards. Some of our teachers have a private bathroom available for an additional charge.
- Friendly and professional teachers – Teachers must have an English teaching qualification such as CELTA from the University of Cambridge or TESOL from Trinity College London or be fully qualified school teachers (PGCE). All our teachers are fully inspected and regularly observed by the Bucksmore Homelingua academic team. Our teachers and courses are accredited by the British Council. Read more about our high academic standards.
- Student safety – Our teachers look after young learner students at all times, making sure your child is safe and happy. Bucksmore Homelingua also carries out police background checks on all teachers working with junior students. Read our student safety page for more information.
- 24/7 support from the Bucksmore Homelingua team – We operate a 24-hour emergency phone system so in case of an emergency students can immediately get in contact with a member of the Bucksmore Homelingua Head Office Team.
- Student satisfaction is at the heart of what we do – Making sure you have a fantastic time, meet your study goals and come home with unforgettable memories is our mission. Our Director of Studies will call you at the beginning of the course to make sure everything is satisfactory and we are ready to answer any questions 24/7 via our emergency phone system.
- Choose from over 100 amazing locations across the United Kingdom and Ireland – A home tuition course is not only about make great academic progress but it is a chance to visit the United Kingdom and Ireland. Bucksmore Homelingua have teachers in all parts of the United Kingdom and Ireland including: London, Oxford, Cambridge, Brighton, Scotland and Dublin. View the locations page for more details.
- Simple clear prices – At Bucksmore Homelingua we use easy to understand prices with no supplements or hidden charges. We do not charge registration fees or supplements for young children. Full teacher supervision of young learner students (cocooning) is included in the course fee.
From the minute your child arrives in the United Kingdom and Ireland to departure, the Bucksmore Homelingua team will fully look after them 24 hours a day.
At Bucksmore Homelingua student safety is our number one priority. We invest a large amount of time and resources in making sure our students have a safe, enjoyable and rewarding time with their home tuition teacher.
9 STEPS THAT WE TAKE TO MAKE SURE OUR STUDENTS ARE SAFE
- All staff, teachers and car transfer drivers are fully police background checked.
- Only 10% of teacher applications pass the high standards required of our application process.
- Before becoming a Bucksmore Homelingua teacher, we inspect the teacher’s house and documentations. This is done by a member of the Bucksmore Homelingua head office team. We do not use third parties to inspect our teachers.
- Our teachers are regularly observed by the Director of Studies to make sure our high academic standards are being met.
- Bucksmore Homelingua is accredited by the British Council for the quality of its management, academics and teaching. This means you can be assured that your child will be studying on a quality course with high standards.
- Students under 18 must use Bucksmore Homelingua approved car transfer service from the airport or Eurostar train station to the teacher’s house. Students will be accompanied by an adult at all times. Our fully qualified drivers will handover your child to the airline or Eurostar staff. We strongly recommend booking an Unaccompanied Minor (UM) service.
- Whilst on a Bucksmore Homelingua course, your child will be fully supervised by the teacher 24 hours a day.
- Bucksmore Homelingua operates a 24 hour emergency phone line.
- Your child is fully insured with our specialist student insurance provider.
Bucksmore Homelingua prides itself on the high quality and academic standards of its courses, teachers and operations. All teachers are monitored and inspected by the Bucksmore Homelingua head office team. No third party agents or non-head office staff are used to do this.
The schools are committed to delivering home tuition programmes of the highest possible standard. As such, the school group is accredited by the British Council, an assurance of quality to international students who are taking or planning to take an English language course in the UK. Bucksmore Homelingua is also a member of English UK.
Teachers are required to have a university degree or level 6 on the national qualification framework (NQF) and have either a University of Cambridge CELTA or Trinity College of London teaching qualification. The Group also employs Postgraduate Certificate of Education (PGCE) teachers that either used to work in schools and international schools or are currently actively teaching.
Only 10% of teacher applicants successfully become an active Bucksmore Homelingua teacher.
All courses are monitored by the Director of Studies to ensure a high level of academic quality and student satisfaction. Every year many students return to Bucksmore Homelingua for a second or third course and students rate our courses highly satisfactory.